This month I got out my watercolours and beautiful watercolour paper and painted little landscapes and water scenes.
I love it when the dry painting still looks wet. This can only happen by painting watercolours into damp cotton paper.
I created these scenes for the Bear River Holiday Spirit Craft Show and Sale on Sat, November 30, (from 10 – 4.) They are perfect for framing and are a standard size. The images are 5.5″ x 7’5″. They can be used as cards.
I’ve priced them at $20 each. I wanted everyone to have a chance to own or to gift an original painting. I know that some of you live too far away to come to Bear River for this show, but if you would like me to set any aside for you, please contact me at email@example.com and include the painting # please.
I will be set up in the Bear River Artworks Gallery which is at the front of the Oakdene Centre building. Drop by and say hi if you come.
All the details of the day are listed at the bottom of this post.
I made a short video so you can see my painting process and how wet the paper had to be.
Village-wide Art, Crafts, Dolls, Wreaths, Honey, Catnip and Cider and Holiday Spirit in Bear River – Nov 30, 10 – 4pm
If there was ever a day to come to Bear River and see the wide array of art and craft, Sat. Nov 30 is the day! Buy local, buy handmade and eat homemade food.
Not only is this the 11th Bear River Holiday Spirit Craft Show where over 30 artists, soapmakers, and fine craftspersons have treasures waiting; that event has morphed into a village wide event. We await your visit.
- Over 30 tables of fine artisans upstairs in the auditorium
- 8 artists of the Bear River Artworks Gallery with new works for sale (main floor)
- Art Exhibition “Becoming the Ocean” on the main floor
- Bear River Museum with displays plus hosting Friends of Ferals with catnip gifts
- A Silken Tree offers funky retro clothing and jewelry and art
- Homemade soup, chili and baked goods will be served upstairs in the auditorium/craft show/sale room.
In the village:
- Sissiboo Coffee with delicious coffee, hot chocolate and cool coffee gadgets
- Both craft/art shops The Flight of Fancy and Blue Mind Gallery will be open.
- Tall Sips on Stilts Tavern feature musicians Gerry Thurber in afternoon and Jocelyn Wallace and the Windy Woods in the evening.
- The Bear River Legion craft and bake sale. New Horizons tea and baked goods.
Bear River First Nation:
- Christmas Craft Fair @ Bear River Cultural Centre 194 Reservation Road.
10am – 2pm